What We Do
What types of business sectors does VCEFL support?
Preferred Investment Sectors
Agriculture and Agro-processing
High-yield, high-quality crops and livestock, green houses, nurseries, hatcheries, meat processing, aquaculture.
Garment factories, bottling plants, packaging facilities, assembly of small electronics.
Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
Website hosting, computer programming, telemarketing, smartphone app development.
Green Technology and Renewable Energy
Recycling, conservation, alternative energy production.
Eco-tourism, sport tourism, medical tourism, fun parks, tour guides.
Creative Arts & Entertainment
Fashion designers, movie/ TV / radio production, performers, musicians and song writers.
- Venture Capital Equity Fund Limited (VCEFL) is a limited liability company under the purview of the Tobago House of Assembly (THA) Division of Finance and the Economy.
- Businesses seeking VCEFL investment, must be incorporated or continued under the Trinidad and Tobago Companies Act of 1995.
- The range of investment available is $500,000 to $5 million.
- VCEFL is governed by the Venture Capital Act of 1994, which states that the venture capital company (VCC) cannot be a majority shareholder therefore VCEFL cannot have greater than 50% equity stake in the company requiring investment.
- There are no forms to complete when applying for investment funding. Submission of a business plan constitutes a request for funding.
- Venture Capital Equity Fund Limited (VCEFL) does not provide loans or grants. Instead VCEFL provides investment funding in exchange for equity (shares/ownership stake) in the company.
- VCEFL does not require a monthly repayment to be made on investments. Shares can be repurchased at any time between 5 to 10 years after the investment is made.
- VCEFL appoints a representative to the Board of the invested company to provide management expertise and act as a bridge between the capital provider and the business.